Franklin Women Mentoring Program
The Franklin Women Mentoring Program is a cross-organisational and structured 6-month program. It aims to support high-potential women in health and medical research careers progress into leadership positions, retaining their skill in the sector.
The Franklin Women Mentoring Program has a number of qualities that set it apart from anything else offered in the sector. These are:
- Professionally facilitated – We believe women in health and medical research deserve the same high-quality professional programs that are available to women in other sectors. Our Mentoring Program involves a number of structured workshops and events facilitated by Serendis, leadership consultants who are experts in developing female leaders.
- Connecting across organisations – Our Mentoring Program connects female mentees with male and female mentors, from different research organisations and varied roles, through a highly detailed matching process. We are excited to be bringing together Partner Organisations from around Sydney in our inaugural year. We plan to expand to other cities in future years.
- Professional development – Franklin Women is committed to providing women in the health and medical research sector with professional skills outside of the technical sciences. In addition to one-on-one sessions, our Mentoring Program includes facilitated events and workshops for both mentees and mentors over a 5-month period. These events will provide training in leadership, mentoring as well as the drivers of gender equality.
A detailed overview of all Mentoring Program activities and events is provided in the Program Flyer.
Places in the Franklin Women Mentoring Program are limited to ensure maximum benefit to participants from both the careful matching process across health research organisations, and the facilitated workshops. In the inaugural year of the Program, mentees and mentors will be accepted from Partner Organisations.
In addition, Franklin Women is sponsoring three mentee positions for eligible members. You can apply to be a Franklin Women sponsored mentee if you are:
- a current member of Franklin Women
- based at a health and medical research organisation in Sydney that is not currently a Partner Organisation (If you are part of a Partner Organisation, please contact your HR representative for more information.
- have a minimum of 8–10 years professional experience (ideally, at University Level B or C or equivalent) and aspiring to a leadership role in the sector.
- available and committed to participating in each of the Program workshops and events as outlined in the Program Flyer.
- able to pay the participation fee of $495 (This is heavily subsidised by Franklin Women.)
Independent leadership consultants will review applications for the Franklin Women sponsored mentee positions. Successful participants will be notified by the end of April 2017.
In future years, Franklin Women looks forward expanding the Program to include more Partner Organisations and to offering additional subsidised places for our members.
2017 Partner Organisations
Franklin Women is excited to be partnering with the organisations listed below to deliver our Mentoring Program. We thank these organisations for demonstrating their commitment to investing in their female health and medical researchers.
Franklin Women can welcome new Partner Organisations until 1 March 2017. Please contact us for more information.